Values and Ethos
The Core Purpose of Woodbridge High School is to create an inclusive community of learners who are kind, tolerant, respectful and aim for excellence in all that they do.
This is achieved through the following aims:
- To give each individual the opportunity to achieve the maximum of his / her ability and to develop lively, enquiring and reflective minds.
- To give meaning and enjoyment to the students’ learning and to encourage self-motivation, enterprise and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- To introduce students to aspects of human knowledge and experience by providing a balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To provide equal opportunities for development for all members of the school community.
- To prepare students to be responsible citizens within the community and to give them the flexibility and skills to meet the demands of a rapidly changing society.
- To enable students to establish social and personal relationships based on respect, understanding and co-operation.
- To encourage students’ full participation in the school’s extensive extra-curricular programme.