Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school’s Safeguarding Team consists of: Ms Caroline Moore (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Ms Laura Evans (Deputy Safeguarding Lead) and Mrs Michelle Licheri (Child Protection Officer).
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- The Prevent Duty
ACT Early work with other organisations to protect vulnerable people from radicalisation. Please click HERE for more information.