Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcome
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The school’s Safeguarding Team consists of: Mr Faheem Khan (Designated Safeguarding Lead), Miss Laura Evans (Deputy Safeguarding Lead) and Mrs Michelle Licheri (Child Protection Officer).
The school adheres to the following three DFE safeguarding documents:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2019
- The Prevent Duty 2015
ACT Early work with other organisations to protect vulnerable people from radicalisation. Please click HERE for more information.